Territory Account Manager
About Golden State Flow Measurement, Inc.:
Golden State Flow Measurement, Inc. (GSFM) is a Sensus USA factory authorized Value Added Reseller (VAR). We sell, service and support Sensus USA water metering devices and equipment along with Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI). Our territory includes Redding south to Visalia, SF Bay Area from Sonoma County south to Monterey, Bay Area east to Placerville, including Sacramento and surrounding areas. We are Headquartered in El Dorado Hills (11 miles east of Sacramento), and our owner’s offices, full line of inventory, and sales support staff are located there. This will be the primary office for the territory manager position.
Products sold and supported by GSFM: http://sensus.com/products/?utility=water
GSFM seeks a Territory Account Manager to perform in the promotion, sales and support of Sensus’ advanced metering portfolio for the water utility and lighting utility markets. This position requires the ability to function autonomously in the promotion, sale, application and problem solving required in all aspects of Automatic Meter Reading, Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) and water Smart Metering. This position requires strong training skills and the ability to coach the entire sales channel thru the sales process at all levels within the utility.
Compensation: $45,000 Annually (plus commission)
Benefits Offered: Medical
Employment Type: Full-Time
- Facilitate the procurement life cycle, including; initial needs assessment, qualification, thorough understanding of clients’ organizational chart, identification and introduction to TOP decision maker, buy in of ‘front line users’, demo and presentation as needed, RFP/Proposal writing, close deals and understand implementation process.
- HIGHLY COMPETENT use and knowledge of all technology to effectively manage territory, perform demos/presentations, and do client field training/trouble shooting.
- Involvement in ongoing implementations and projects – know what’s happening with your clients at all times
- Understand status of all current sales opportunities and proactively work to shorten the sales cycle
- Accountability for all information provided to the team and clients
- Excellent organizational skills; analyze and evaluate territory dynamics, develop sales plans (Territory and Account) and forecast sales
- Perform and prioritize multiple tasks while working both independently and with a team
- Respond appropriately to constant change in priorities and services as dictated by management and customer needs
- Be amiable, friendly and positive with a willingness to learn about technical aspects of the products and needs of the client
- Meet sales goals and overcome obstacles independently.
- Solid prospecting process & excellent customer relationship development
- Maximize companies value and margins.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Technologically proficient — Enterprise and SaaS software experience a big plus. Public Utility knowledge preferred. (must pass co. quiz)
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products — mainly Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook (must pass initial quiz)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to multi-task and still maintain attention to detail is required
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment by being resourceful and self sufficient.
- Valid driver’s license
- Clean driving record (MVR) — No DUI, DWI, Suspended or Revoked DL in last 5 years
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of people
- Enthusiastic drive to succeed with obvious confidence and competitive nature
- Proven successful academic performance or demonstrates high level of communication skills and intelligence
- Solid prospecting abilities & excellent customer relationship skills
This position may require standing, sitting, and/or walking for extended amounts of time while communicating with customers and processing paperwork, working on a computer and making inbound/outbound calls. Some lifting, bending, reaching and squatting throughout the shift while sorting and moving product. Must be able to lift up to 60 lbs
No telephone inquiries prior to interview will be accepted.
To research the OEM manufacturer we distribute, browse the following link: http://sensus.com/products/?utility=water
Job opening is available to be filled immediately. Salary commensurate with proven sales performance and experience. Interviews are scheduled in the Sacramento Area the week of March 6th (depending upon responses).